Your Journey Starts Here
Who We Are
- Social responsibility and sustainability are familiar at Kalsec because those values have been at the company’s core since its founding. Our commitment to those values continues with achievements like our B Corp certification.
- At Kalsec, we offer outstanding career opportunities for those striving to develop their talents in a family-owned, globally focused company.
- We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people feel welcomed and inspired to create a better, more exciting future for each other, our global community, our planet and our business.
Explore What Makes Kalsec Special
Delivering expertly crafted natural ingredientsLearn More
Using our business as a force for goodLearn More
Providing "the best nature has to offer"Learn More
We are a company of 500 employees:
Why Work at Kalsec?
We nurture a culture driven by creativity, research and innovation, while respecting everyone’s desire for stability and a strong work/life balance. We focus on hiring individuals who can thrive in our environment and ensuring they do with benefits that include:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan and Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Annual Bonus
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Kalsec's Farmhouse: Onsite Childcare*
- Doggy Daycare*
- Arboretum and Walking Trails*
- Paid Parental Leave for Birth/Adoption of Child
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Where We Work
We’ve been headquartered in Kalamazoo, Michigan, since our founding in 1958 and the steady global expansion of our business has allowed us to establish facilities in Europe, Asia and Central America with representative coverage worldwide.Learn More
Meet Your Coworkers
Our R&D team is unique. We solve customer technical problems and conduct basic research through collaborations. This strong emphasis on research and development blends nicely with our global marketing/sales approach, which is essential to be the leader in the natural ingredient industry.
On a personal level, when I joined Kalsec, I was surprised and moved by the call from our CEO to meet new hires. This warm welcome was a positive sign of what it means to join the Kalsec family.”
“What stands out the most is how well everyone gets along with each other. To me, working with positive people is a huge benefit. When I first joined Kalsec, I was impressed with people going out of their way to meet me and help me as I learned the flow of operations. At Kalsec, you’re not just a ‘number’.”
“The opportunities and support for my professional growth and success at Kalsec have gone beyond any prior companies I have worked for. As a Kalsec employee, you need to be prepared to work hard, be very proud of where you work, and be amazed at successes that lie ahead. You will never find a better group of people to work with than those at Kalsec. This is a company like no other!”
“Kalsec is a great place to work with lots of unique opportunities, including advancement. They reimbursed half of my master’s degree and when I finished my degree, I was able to fill a higher-level position within the company.”
“My friends hear me talking positively about Kalsec all the time! One benefit of working at Kalsec is the work/life flexibility. Kalsec is owned and operated by family-oriented people and that family feeling extends to all employees. Everyone understands that, while we are employees, we are also people who have lives outside of work. The flexibility seems to be unmatched.”
Sarah, Environmental Sustainability
Frequently Asked Employment Questions
We unlock the potential of nature and science by enhancing our teams with qualified, creative, forward-thinking employees. We hire chemists, biologists and food scientists holding degrees ranging from associate to doctorate. In addition, other roles support the organization in areas such as manufacturing, information technology, sales, and procurement.