First Social Responsibility Report
“Kalsec has a long history of prioritizing social responsibility, it is a part of our DNA,” says George Todd, executive chairman of the board. Since this is our first report, we have chosen to highlight several defining moments in Kalsec’s history that led us to be the private and sustainable company that Kalsec is today, as well as highlights from 2017 and goals for 2018.
Highlights from the report include:
• Joined the Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI) Platform
• Opened the Farmhouse Early Learning Center, providing on-site child care for employees
• Technical laboratory facilities and resources added to operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and China
• Increased productivity per acre for rosemary and orange paprika
• Significant investments in solar energy
“We are excited to share this report highlighting our past and future ongoing commitment to social responsibility as part of the Kalsec vision to remain private and sustainable for the next 100 years,” says Dr. Scott Nykaza, chief executive officer. Kalsec will continue to report its performance annually against its social responsibility goals, beginning with this report covering 2017.