Kalsec is proud to announce our 2018 corporate social responsibility (CSR) report. As expected, we learned much in the first year after issuing the 2017 report, including areas where we are leading and areas where we need to focus more energy. We also identified areas where we can have more impact working closely with our customers.
Highlights from this year’s report include:
- Of the 80% of Kalsec employees who completed the employee engagement survey, 96% stated that they are proud to work at Kalsec.
- Kalsec achieved a AA Standard in BRC Food Safety Certification.
- We celebrated 25 years partnering with EARTH University.
- Kalsec was awarded a silver level for 100% of domestic crops assessed under the Farm Sustainability Assessment (FSA) tool, a standard from the Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI) platform.
- We decreased our recordable incident rate from 3.1 in 2017, to 1.4 in 2018, continuing to register below the standard industry rate.
Focus Areas in 2018
In 2018 we focused on setting specific goals to reinforce our commitment in the following areas:
- Reduce recordable incidents and days away from work
- Responsible sourcing
- Reduce air emissions
- Diversity, equality and inclusion
- Reduce energy intensity
- Reduce groundwater extraction intensity
Read more about our efforts and download the report:
100-Year Private and Sustainable Company
In support of our vision to be a 100-year private and sustainable company, we also developed 10-year strategic goals to focus our resources through employee stewardship and corporate responsibility. These are detailed in our 2018 report.
We look forward to increasing engagement in this endeavor with all of our stakeholders. We will undertake projects that provide shared benefit for the people we impact, advocating for the protection of our planet so that it may thrive for the next 100 years and beyond.